As is well known, in recent times, NFT or Non-Fungible Token is in great demand by many because of their uniqueness and promises of fantastic profits. In a sense, even now, NFT has the potential to become a new income field.
Don’t Just Sell NFT!
The discussion about NFT in the country began to liven up after the news about the Ghozali Everyday concept in NFT, which managed to earn billions of rupiah. The NFT work belongs to a student named Sultan Gustaf Al Ghozali. Through OpenSea, he is known to have succeeded in selling his work in the form of selfie photos to become a billionaire.
However, on the other hand, the “Ghozali Effect” is in fact, still not balanced with good literacy related to the crypto world in today’s society. Although this hype wave has sparked many people’s interest to look at NFT, it is known that public literacy is still very minimal.
The proof is the misuse of momentum, namely that many people are then interested in following in Ghozali’s footsteps to enter the NFT ecosystem incorrectly. Upload a photo of an ID card containing personal data, for example. Anyone knows the action/activity is undoubtedly hazardous and high risk.
This also indicates that the public’s interest in NFT is inversely proportional to their understanding of it. Therefore, it is essential first to understand the goals and objectives.
The reason is that NFT is an asset that is not very liquid and its sale, mainly from second-hand / so on, is not as easy as one might think. Therefore, it is essential to remember that NFT is also an investment asset that remains risky.
In this regard, the Indonesian government is also known to have not prohibited the public from trading NFT on OpenSea or other NFT marketplaces. However, Kominfo reminded if you want to sell NFT, you must not violate the applicable rules.
Tips on How to Sell NFT to Sell Fast
So, so that your digital assets that will be used as NFTs can later sell quickly in the digital market, you must pay attention to the following tips:
NFT must have an element of rarity, so make sure to check whether your NFT asset has an unusual uniqueness or not.
NFT must have an added value that can later be offered to investors/potential buyers.
NFT must have a community aspect. In a sense, NFT is known to be very successful if it is built on parts of the same interest of many individuals so that value is formed.
These are some things that make NFT an attractive investment place for artists with unique/different works from others. In this case, the artists/content creators can sell their artworks directly without any intervention from other parties.
If you want to have a digital asset that you want to sell on OpenSea, then you must have work that can be converted into an NFT asset. Here’s a guide on how to make and sell NFT on OpenSea that you need to know:
- Log in to the OpenSea site via the MetaMask wallet.
- On the OpenSea start page, please select the “Create” option.
- Next, enter the file you want to use as an NFT. It can be an image, video, photo, etc., from the dropdown menu.
- Continue by clicking “Create” at the bottom of the OpenSea page to upload your NFT.
- Please complete the digital asset information, for example, the name and description of the NFT.
- Then, click “Save” and wait for the confirmation message.
- Next, open the “My Collection” menu by clicking on the profile photo icon in the upper right corner.
- Please select your NFT to be sold.
- Continue by clicking “Sell.”
- Next, you choose a sales scheme. Here, you can click “Fixed Price” if you want to sell directly or click “Time Auction” if you’re going to use an auction scheme.
- Please enter your NFT price with Ethereum crypto assets.
- You can set how long you want to sell NFT assets in the “Duration” column.
- If you have finished setting it, continue by clicking “Complete Listing.”
- When all the steps have been completed, OpenSea will confirm. If confirmed, then your NFT on OpenSea will be publicly available.
How to Create an Account on OpenSea
Of course, you must first create an account if you want to transact on OpenSea. As a first step, please connect the OpenSea platform with a digital wallet or crypto wallet, for example, MetaMask.
Well, for those who still don’t understand the procedure for creating an OpenSea account, here’s the guide you need to see.
- Please open the OpenSea site in the browser application at the address opensea.io.
- Continue by logging into the OpenSea site using a digital wallet, for example, MetaMask.
- Later, you will be asked to download the MetaMask browser extension if you don’t have one.
- Next, click Create A Wallet.
- Then set a password that will be used to secure the crypto wallet.
- Read the site terms that appear and click the “I Have Read” box.
- Click the “Create” button.
- Then, the MetaMask introduction home page will appear.
- Later, the Secret Recovery Phase will appear. Make sure you store that data properly.
- Enter the order correctly.
- Then click “Confirm.”
- Later, a notification will appear containing the sentence that your account has been successfully activated.
- Please click “All Done” to finish it.
- Reopen the OpenSea site that was opened earlier.
- Sign in with MetaMask (you can also use another digital wallet you already have).
- Next, a notification from MetaMask will appear.
- Later, information will appear and make sure that the data is correct.
- Click “Next.”
- Then, there will be a second notification, and click “Next” again.
- An illustration of OpenSea will appear connected to the MetaMask digital wallet.
- Happy! You have successfully created an account on the OpenSea marketplace.
Account Verification Guide:
- First, click “Account,” then click the “Profile” option on your OpenSea account.
- You can’t create yet and have to press the gear icon.
- Next, a Signature Request notification from MetaMask appears.
- Please click the “Sign” button.
- Then, fill in the Username and Email fields
- Click the “Save” button.
- Later, a Check Your Email notification will appear.
- Immediately check your email inbox to verify.
- Continue by clicking the verification link in the email.
- Later, the email will successfully connect with OpenSea. Happy! The verification process is complete.
That’s the review of the guide on how to sell NFT on OpenSea so that it sells quickly and makes big profits that you need to know. Also, check out other recent articles about crypto assets, blockchain, and others only at Indodax Academy.