This week, the HNT crypto asset will be listed on Indodax. Open deposit will start on December 1, 2021 at 14:00 WIB and open trading will start on December 2, 2021 also at 14:00 WIB.
The proof-of-work (PoW) convention model is the mechanism that started the revolution that launched Bitcoin (BTC) in 2009 and was the model of choice behind many popular projects in the early years of the crypto ecosystem.
As time went on, other convention models such as proof-of-stake (PoS) grew in popularity, mainly because the cost of running a mining rig, the constant need for equipment and environmental concerns caused the PoW model to fall out of favor with many.
As a result, projects that wish to use a proof-of-work model must adapt to suit the demands of the wider market. This has led to the emergence of projects that offer a more eco-friendly and economical approach to PoW, while also aiming to build Web 3.0.
Well one of them is Helium guys! So, let’s learn right away!
What is Helium?
Helium is a decentralized blockchain-powered network for Internet of Things (IoT) devices that leverages a global network of low-energy wireless “hotspots” that broadcast data via radio waves for recording on its blockchain.
They used a new working algorithm dubbed “Proof of Coverage” to validate that hotspots provide wireless coverage and that miners accept HNT to help provide coverage for the network.
Launched in July 2019, the Helium mainnet supports low-power wireless devices to communicate with each other and transmit data through its network of nodes.
Nodes come in a form called Hotspot, which is a combination of a wireless gateway and a blockchain mining device. Users operating nodes mine and earn rewards in Helium’s native cryptocurrency token, which is HNT.
Helium’s goal is to prepare IoT communications for the future, identifying flaws in the current infrastructure since its birth in 2013.
The three founders of Helium, Amir Haleem, Shawn Fanning, and Sean Carey started the company in 2013.
The Helium network experienced tremendous growth throughout 2021. As of this writing, there are more than 309,000 nodes in operation.
Recently, the Helium network expanded its capabilities by adding support for 5G wireless capabilities which included the launch of a new line of miners capable of transmitting 5G signals.
On October 26, Helium announced that it had partnered with satellite television company Dish Network, making Dish the first major operator to join the Helium network and offering its customers the opportunity to run Helium nodes with unbalanced HNT tokens.
HNT Crypto Asset
CoinMarketCap is currently #46, with an immediate market cap of $4,037,909,280 USD and has an outstanding supply of 103,093,335 HNT and max. supply 223 million HNT.
How to Buy HNT Crypto Assets on Indodax
For those of you who want to buy HNT crypto assets, you can use them on Indodax starting December 2, 2021 at 14:00 WIB. Here’s how:
- For those of you who are not yet a member, you can click the link here
- After that, make a deposit. For those of you who are confused about how to deposit, click on this link
- After your deposit and balance come in, you can go back to the market
- Look for HNT in the Rupiah market then click
- After entering, all you have to do is buy by filling in the balance and at what price you want to buy HNT. You can also instantly or directly at the current price
- After that, you need to patiently wait for the price to increase for some time
- After the price increases, you can sell at a higher price with the instant method
- If you sell with the limit method, you can place an order after buying. Make sure you enter a higher number when selling.